TJUSD Board Meeting - December 12, 2019

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - December 12, 2019

Postby desertrat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:46 am

MojaveMike wrote:
BoraxBill wrote:There were problems with the school before the earthquake that were the result of general negligence as far as I could tell. But the real problems have been since the earthquake. Whereas the schools in Ridgecrest dealt with their issues quickly and decisively, Trona just sort of sat around with their fingers up their rears diddling around like a bunch of retarded sea monkeys. I've never seen so much incompetence. No wonder they fired the superintendent. At least it looks like someone is doing something, but it's obvious the superintendent wasn't the real problem if we're going to be perfectly honest about the little mess that passes for a school in Trona.

Many people noticed steady deterioration in the high school facilities prior to the earthquake and in many ways the earthquake covered that up and hid the general incompetence of the leadership people responsible for taking care of the school. Ridgecrest was able to take care of things quickly and efficiently because they have competent people running things. They did not allow their facilities to fall into disrepair prior to the earthquake and they responded intelligently following the earthquakes. Whether the incompetence observed in Trona is due to deficient and unintelligent leadership or simple lack of effort is difficult to say, but obviously key people are failing miserably.

Ridgecrest obviously has a larger talent pool to draw from. That gives them a considerable advantage.
torn80 wrote:MojaveMike: I've heard a lot about the general deterioration of the school in recent years although I haven't visited Trona for some time. Most people I've talked to blame it on bad leadership. The school board made a series of bad decisions and knowing some of them from back in the day I'm not surprised. It's not like the best and the brightest stayed in Trona. Just saying....

That's the general consensus of many who grew up in Trona, but no longer live in town. They try to polite about it, but it's impossible to deny.
recluse wrote:
desertrat wrote:defcon: Interesting insight about small towns and as small towns shrink the problem you describe becomes more and more obvious. With the school being one of the biggest employment opportunities in town, having a seat on the school board puts you in control to do favors for locals and the more favors you can do the more your clout in the community increases. Definitely a situation ripe for corruption.

And as the fishbowl shrinks the problems become all the more obvious. :whack02:

Yes, as the fishbowl shrinks there's less room to hide.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:21 pm

panamint_patty wrote:Xmas trona Austin and Sierra
Here's another Trona-related video I found this morning. This looks like it came from the elementary Christmas Program. The boys in the back are obviously bored and a bit embarrassed to be part of this little dance routine. It doesn't look like much time was spent practicing, but it's still kind of cute.

Watch the video to the very end. It looks like the kid in the green shirt runs up and tackles the person behind the camera.
:laugh:
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:31 am

shadylady: I usually don't watch a video all the way to the end and I would have watched about half of that video before moving on if it weren't for your comment. That was definitely unusual and there's no explanation that I can think of for the boy's behavior.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:37 am

That is definitely a funny video and it's odd how the kids sort of seem to know what they're doing, but at the same time they seem confused too. Funny expressions on some of their faces!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby recluse » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:45 pm

Video shows teacher lifting student from desk, shoving him out of class
This is some serious BS. The parents of the kid and the kid should be facing charges. The teacher should be given an award for removing the POS from the classroom. Pretty much every comment left to this video seems to support what I just wrote:
CHARGED WITH WHAT? Teaching a kid to respect his role as a teacher and to respect the other students by not being disruptive? NOT GUILTY!!!

How are teachers supposed to teach when ONE JACKASS disrupts the whole class! Than parents complain when their kid can’t read!

Wow. Acts all tough and then snitches when they actually do something.

What a BRAT I'm on Teacher's side on this one! Parents r at fault as well for raising such a di##

If that were my kid, I'd by the teacher dinner. Lil punk needs his butt whooped.

If one of my teachers had to remove me from class as a kid, my Mom would have fuct me up. Those parents need to check themselves and do their jobs and raise decent children. Respect to the teacher.

recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:22 am

recluse: And that's exactly what's wrong with our educational system. The teacher did exactly what I'd want the teacher to do, but stupid, dysfunctional, crappy parents are more likely to get mad at the teacher than at their stupid, dysfunction, worthless, piece of crap kid! That's what's at the core of all our social probelms. People don't take responsibility for themselves and then get mad at anyone who complains about their irresponsible behavior.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Previous

Return to Local News