TJUSD Board Meeting - August 13, 2020

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - August 13, 2020

Postby mrfish » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:06 am

shotgunmary wrote:Lots of activity on Facebook today. This topic has drawn a lot of interest. Several posts said that almost all the issues involve two people at the school. One is the school board member who has received a lot of attention in this thread and the other is his brother who is the head janitor. People say that they are both bullies who like to intimidate people and set up fights or disputes between people. Most of the posts involved the school board member, but both got mentioned fairly frequently. Someone at the school needs to sort things out a bit is what it sounds like.

There's an obvious problem when two members of the same family are part of the group leading an organization. Nepotism anyone? And it's even worse when nepotism is combined with incompetence!
defcon wrote:HEAD JANITOR? Does that mean he mainly cleans toilets? :poop:

Nice! :laugh:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby BoraxBill » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:23 am

This is a comment from the December 12, 2019 Board Meeting thread which I made:
There were problems with the school before the earthquake that were the result of general negligence as far as I could tell. But the real problems have been since the earthquake. Whereas the schools in Ridgecrest dealt with their issues quickly and decisively, Trona just sort of sat around with their fingers up their rears diddling around like a bunch of retarded sea monkeys. I've never seen so much incompetence. No wonder they fired the superintendent. At least it looks like someone is doing something, but it's obvious the superintendent wasn't the real problem if we're going to be perfectly honest about the little mess that passes for a school in Trona.

It was true then and it's even more true now.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby BoraxBill » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:34 am

Here's a post I made to the Trona High School thread on June 29, 2019. That's a few days BEFORE the big earthquakes!
I don't really care about what their webpages look like. It's the actual campus that matters and what I saw back in May at a school event was worse than just embarrassing. Is anyone even trying to keep the campus looking reasonably neat and clean and in good repair? Never seen a more "ghetto" looking school campus in my life. I graduated almost fifty years ago and everything about the school was in good shape then. I visited five years ago and it wasn't too bad, but since then it's been allowed to deteriorate badly!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby sandman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:41 am

BoraxBill: Some things never change except for the worse. Trona has been going downhill for decades and the school has led the way.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Previous

Return to Local News