TJUSD DRAMA: Rodeo Clowns, Mean Girls, and Mumbles

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD DRAMA: Rodeo Clowns, Mean Girls, and El Chimpo

Postby torn80 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:24 am

shadylady wrote:
shadylady wrote:Workplace Mobbing
Another interesting perspective. He says up to five percent of people experience this type of situation. He also goes into the dynamics of how someone becomes scapegoated. The thought that occurred to me is that small towns and neighborhoods operate in a similar manner. The social dynamics would be very similar.

I posted this about a year ago and originally this thread focused on issues such as this, but it's went in various tangents since then. Understandably. Yet nonetheless, I'd like to remind readers of the core issues underlying this thread topic.

I'm generally a live and let live kind of person, but when people start pulling stunts like this I'm all about justice!
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:08 pm

tronagirl wrote:I renamed this thread to better reflect its content. What I understand about this cast of characters is that the teacher-who-hugs-too-much (aka, psycho bitch) is one of the mean girls. Additionally, El Chimpo is also known as: 1) Mumbles the Clown (although he is not one of the rodeo clowns), 2) Dr. Airhead (for some reason he has the title "Dr." despite his pathetic and profound lack of knowledge regarding how to run a school district) and 3) El Shrimpo (which sounds a lot like El Chimpo and one or the other is probably the result of someone mishearing whichever one came first). In any case, this thread is basically about the dysfunctional disaster known as Trona Joint Unified School District (TJUSD):
panamint_patty wrote:SOUNDS LIKE A DYSFUNCTIONAL SITUATION AT THE SCHOOL
drdesert wrote:The important insight to realize here is that teachers who are willing to target other teachers as described here will eventually turn around and do the same to students who they don't like. Call it workplace mobbing, bullying, harassment, gaslighting, or whatever. The bottom line is that its a pattern of behavior and there's an endless need for victims and those who do nothing to stop it and intercede on behalf of current victims are likely to eventually become victims themselves.

Pathetically weak leadership is the issue here if I am to believe everything I've heard. Between board members with axes to grind, a spineless superintendent, and a principal who according to various stories is compromised, it's a disaster! These so-called "Mean Girls" and "Rodeo Clowns" have filled the power vacuum and are pulling strings in a patently corrupt manner.

So much can go wrong when an incompetent leader is running things. We see that at the national level with Biden and we see it with the loser running things at the school in Trona.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:36 am

CrustyOldFart wrote:MAGA: No it's not racist since it doesn't denigrate an entire race. It uses a name which sounds like Spanish and it directly insults a specific person instead of generally insulting an entire racial group. That's the key difference. If the guy happens to speak Spanish, then it's particularly appropriate and far from racist. Now the guy might claim that it's racist in order to shame those who use the mean nickname, but he'd be misusing the term racist in order to manipulate those who invented and/or use the mean nickname. Also it's important to add that making fun of a language is not the same as making fun of people who speak it. Most people fail to think carefully about what it means to be racist and they over-generalize or buy into self-serving definitions as a result. That's why the cartoon characters mentioned in this regards are not racist. Obviously there's a lot of conflation going on when it comes to things considered to be racist by mentally deficient individuals.

EXACTLY! It's just like the comment that was made by the judge in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial this week:
Supply chain gag in Rittenhouse trial - judge breaks for lunch
He said, "Let’s hope the Asian food isn’t on one of those boats in Long Beach Harbor." There's no insult to Asians in general implied by this verbal quip. Therefore the comment was not racist and does not indicate that the person who uttered it is racist. Clear thinking and logic is all it takes to recognize the difference between real racism and fake racism.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Survivor (American TV series)

Postby recluse » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:37 pm

shadylady wrote:ergot: This is absolutely brilliant. Most people aren't passive victims and they aren't just going to play along with someone else's game. At some point one game is transformed into another and those who instigated the original game become stunned by the new game they unintentionally involved themselves in. As you say, SOME PEOPLE PLAY FOR KEEPS.
ergot wrote:Different People Emulate Different Fictional Presentations
Take this example from South Park where kids playing "Lord of the Rings" make fun of kids playing "Harry Potter." This "Survivor" show seems kind of wimpy compared to lots of other shows or movies which could be emulated.

People playing "Survivor" might want to be careful since they could met up with someone playing "A Fist Full Of Dollars." Some people play for keeps.

BoraxBill: Very astute observation. Games are never productive unless they are used to counter someone else's game.
BoraxBill wrote:ergot: I think that's what's known as a clash of paradigms. When a group of "Survivors" try to play the "Survivor" game with someone playing "Clint Eastwood", the "Survivors" aren't likely to survive very long. Not everyone is a good sport, especially when they are forced to participate in a game they didn't sign up for!

I don't think it's a good idea to play "Survivor" in the workplace and my mule don't think it's funny either!
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:29 pm

It seems to me that this game of "Survivor" is basically the same thing as CANCEL CULTURE. It's a sickness which has infected our entire country and it's sad to see it playing out in Trona and at the school no less.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:22 am

CANCEL CULTURE IN THE CLASSROOM: Anti-CRT Moms DECLARE WAR On Teachers, Education
I totally disagree with a few claims made in this video, but the bigger issue that is discussed is a serious concern. CRT (or lessons shaped by CRT) should not be taught in the classroom and CRT is not just propaganda taught in graduate level gender studies classes. However, it is important that teachers not be put under a microscope and cancelled for anything that might be taken out of context by some looney-tune parent. Encouraging parents to be hypercritical of anything a teacher might say that can be spun as somehow inappropriate by offering a bounty is beyond insane!
The group known as “Moms for Liberty" opposing critical race theory being taught in K-12 schools is now offering $500 to New Hampshirites who are willing to snitch on teachers. New Hampshire became one of several states this year to explicitly ban concepts that have been labeled “critical race theory,” amid a national panic over curricula following last year’s Black Lives Matter protests.

wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: TJUSD DRAMA: Rodeo Clowns, Mean Girls, and Mumbles

Postby tronagirl » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:56 am

I changed the name of the thread again. I can't make up my mind how it should go. But in the meantime I thought that this post was worth repeating:
recluse wrote:Regarding the El Chimpo nickname, I found the following post in the Crazy School Board Members thread:
shadylady wrote:wildbill: In the thread about wokeness in education someone posted a bunch of nicknames for the guy and as I recall they were Dr. Airhead, El Chimpo, Jarhead, and Mumbles The Clown. I think the El Chimpo one is a little bit racist, but it is funny and not really all that racist since one of my friends of Hispanic descent got a good laugh out of it.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:26 am

It's a lot like how Trump's son gets treated differently than Biden's son. Although Hunter Biden has been involved in some truly shady deals, the media just looks the other way. It all depends on who's team you're on. If you're on the wrong team, then any tiny little thing you do gets blown way out of proportion. If you're on the right team, you can commit murder and no one seems to care.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:52 am

tronagirl wrote:I changed the name of the thread again. I can't make up my mind how it should go. But in the meantime I thought that this post was worth repeating:
recluse wrote:Regarding the El Chimpo nickname, I found the following post in the Crazy School Board Members thread:
shadylady wrote:wildbill: In the thread about wokeness in education someone posted a bunch of nicknames for the guy and as I recall they were Dr. Airhead, El Chimpo, Jarhead, and Mumbles The Clown. I think the El Chimpo one is a little bit racist, but it is funny and not really all that racist since one of my friends of Hispanic descent got a good laugh out of it.

A friend of mine who was born in Mexico and who has relatives who live in Trona thought that the El Chimpo nickname was appropriate and funny, but said that his relatives use terms in Spanish which mean "little bitch" or "ass licker" when they talk about the guy.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby dzrtdwg » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:07 am

drdesert: I'm sitting here laughing my ass off! This is some funny shit!
:laugh:
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to Local News