TJUSD Board Meeting - January 21, 2021

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - January 21, 2021

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:31 am

mrfish wrote:Stupid People (глупые люди)
YUP! Stupid happens and if you want to know the Russian words for stupid, idiot, moron, halfwit, etc. watch this video. It might not be a cure for stupidity, but it'll at least provide a few jokes to make it less painful.

Perfect video for this thread! Quite apropos!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:23 am

BAD LEADERSHIP
TJUSD has suffered from bad leadership for many years. The current superintendent is even worse than the previous one and the school board had to get rid of that guy! But the superintendent is not the real problem. The real problem is the school board. The county needs to come in and run the school and not allow for any local control. Locals have made a mess of things and the kids would be better off without them. As often is the case, RuskyED has some words of wisdom to share:
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby torn80 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:28 am

Stupidity and bad leadership are the causes of lots of problems in this world. The ruskyed videos were fun to watch and I think I might have even learned something!
:thumb:
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:12 am

I try to watch a Rusky Ed video every now and then when I can. Looks like I caught two today. Amusing and awesome! Triple A!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby wildrose » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:51 am

SCHOOL STUFF: Russian Handwriting Makes Me Cry
RuskyED must have a video for almost every topic. He has literally posted hundreds of videos. There are lots of hidden gems in his online video collection. At any rate, this one has been one of my favorites ever since it came out:
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:04 am

Dear Helicopter Parents: Please Stop
Sometimes parents actually interfere with their children's growth and development. The behavior of helicopter parents goes too far and is totally irrational and counter-productive.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby rainbow » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:52 am

shotgunmary wrote:
mrfish wrote:To file a complaint go here: https://sbcovid19.com/
Any public worker can be reprimanded for failing to follow COVID health protocols. That video might even get that guy fired. Not only was he not following basic safety protocols, he was allowing dozens of other people to ignore health protocol mandates. The word is that kids are back at school. Any protocol violations which occur there should be promptly reported also. The numbers are going up and irresponsibility will accelerate that process.

People need to take advantage of this hotline. Too many people act like COVID is a joke and this might be one way to hold them accountable!

This was from another thread, but it's important that people report unsafe behavior, especially in a school situation.
rainbow
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby tronagirl » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:02 am

rainbow: A few people I know have decided not to send their kids to school and are keeping their kids online since they're fed up with the way the school is failing to follow covid guidelines. The school says they're doing this and that, but they're not really doing what they say they're doing. They're just going through the motions and aren't really putting a lot of effort into keeping people safe on that campus. Apparently one employee death is not enough.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Previous

Return to Local News