How To Properly Talk To Children

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

How To Properly Talk To Children

Postby BoraxBill » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:24 am

Kamala Harris’ ‘bizarre’ space video used child actors to try ‘humanise’ her
This lesson will begin with a negative example. This is how NOT to talk to kids. Keep in mind that the kids were paid actors. She doesn't have the ability to interact with real children. She treats these kids as if they are five-years-old, but they're much older.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Re: How To Properly Talk To Children

Postby BoraxBill » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:28 am

Little League Pregame Speech - "Your dad's a loser"
This is how it is done! You need to get real with kids and have a sense of humor. Otherwise they'll correctly realize that you're a worthless fake like Kamel-Face Kamala!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby shotgunmary » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:48 am

Spoiled Kid Gets Yelled at
This guys' technique is pretty good too!
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby trumpster » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:14 am

Little League Pregame Speech - Announcing the Lineup
There's no need to sugarcoat things. Kids can handle the truth! :laugh:
Make America Great Again
trumpster
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby pdm » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:02 am

The King of Staten Island (2020) - Tattooing a Child Scene
Kids aren't babies and they aren't adults either and some kids are smarter than others. Then again, some adults are babies and many are dumber than kids and so there are no easy answers! As for the opinions of supposed experts, they are less than worthless!
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cloud » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:26 pm

The Birds and the Bees | Parents Explain
Sometimes things can get a little awkward!
cloud
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby twister » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:19 am

Major Payne (1995) - Meeting the Cadets Scene
If you treat kids like delicate snowflakes they'll grow up to be delicate snowflakes. More men like Major Payne would cure that issue in a heartbeat! I'm only half serious, but I think there is something to be said for being blunt and direct with kids. If everyone tiptoes around their precious little feelings all the time, they become spoiled brats who then grow up to be worthless and entitled adults.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BoraxBill » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:12 pm

'You get the feeling' Kamala Harris has 'never spoken to children before in her life' :smack:
After she said, "I just love the idea of exploring the unknown," I almost expected here to turn to one of the kids and say, "And I'd like to be the first person to see Uranus!" And then to turn to each of the other kids and say, "And yours and yours and yours, etc." The funny thing is that anyone can look up at the moon when it's full on a clear night and see the craters. And if she's so into craters maybe someone should point her in the direction of Ubehebe Crater and let her do a little exploring in that part of DVNP.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:23 pm

Parents in Trona can say some pretty rude things to their kids. Here's a short list of just a few of the things I've heard parents say to their own kids:
1) Stop fucking around!
2) Knock that shit off!
3) Stop your bitching!
4) Stop fucking with me!
5) Listen here you little cunt....
6) Listen here you little asshole....
7) Get in there and clean that mess before I kick your ass!
8) Listen here, shit for brains, I'm not putting up with your shit anymore!
9) Get your ass in the house! Now!
10) I've had enough of your shit for one day!
Like I said, I've heard parents in Trona say all these things with my own ears. Trona parents can use some pretty strong language when getting after their kids, but I'm sure that they love their kids just like parents anywhere else. It might even be the case that Trona parents don't cuss at their kids anymore than parents in other locations. That's hard to say. What's the worst thing you've ever heard a parent say to their kid?
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:16 am

tronagirl: I've heard some of those and I gotta admit, when it comes to Trona, nothing shocks me anymore. Another type of comment I've heard, particularly from mothers, is something like "You're a worthless bum, just like your father!" Sometimes stronger language is used, but it's always the son compared to the father in an unflattering way. That can't be good for a boy's self-concept, but I've heard mothers in Trona resort to that sort of angry comment way too often. It's sad that they fail to realize just how psychologically damaging comments like that can be. While men often used strong language towards children, they don't resort to such insidious insults as often as women do.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Next

Return to Local News