Missing School Board Meetings

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Missing School Board Meetings

Postby wildrose » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:17 am

As the person who posted the last several school board meeting reports, I just now noticed that the videos for these meetings are missing. Apparently TJUSD has set the videos to private. Even weirder is that if I do a search on YouTube for TJUSD, there is no YouTube channel corresponding to TJUSD. Even the high school graduation videos are missing or set to private. Why would the district decide to hide the videos for public meetings? To the best of my knowledge at least twelve videos which were embedded in posts on this message board are no longer available. However, I did find this excerpt from a school board meeting:
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Missing School Board Meetings

Postby cactuspete » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:59 am

wildrose: They must have something they are trying to hide. Anyone who reads the oddly named "TJUSD DRAMA: Rodeo Clowns, Mean Girls, and El Chimpo" thread will realize that there are major problems at the school and that some people there are up to some dirty tricks. Not that I want to make fun of the name of that thread, but the name is somewhat humorous, but the thread deals with some horribly serious issues. The only way the situation could get so out of control is for leadership to be utterly and completely incompetent and generally speaking, the first move made by incompetent leaders is to hide what they are doing from the public once they start to realize just how incompetent they actually are (which sometimes takes some time since stupid people don't automatically realize that they are stupid). This lack of transparency should arouse suspicion in anybody who has anything to do with the school.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:33 am

I've read through the "TJUSD DRAMA..." thread and gained the following insight. There's a difference between being imperfect and incompetent. All people are imperfect and people who are competent acknowledge their mistakes and make up for them. Incompetent people double-down and stay on the same path despite their obvious incompetence. There is little doubt that right now TJUSD is being run by incompetent individuals and it is important for them to realize that they have made many mistakes and that they need to take ownership of those mistakes and make amends to make things right. The first step towards healing is to apologize to those you have wronged and to properly compensate them to make up for what has been done. Next it is necessary to take corrective action to ensure that such misunderstandings are avoided in the future. Anyone who reads through the "TJUSD DRAMA..." thread and some of the other related threads will see obvious evidence of dysfunctional leadership practices and a little reading between the lines is all it takes to realize that serious reform needs to take place. Deleting school board meeting videos seems to be part of a cover up and denial. What is needed is acknowledgement and a commitment to rectify past mistakes.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:31 am

MojaveMike: Whenever I hear about making amends I think of this song:
A Perfect Circle wrote:But I'm more than just curious
How you're planning to go about
Making your amends
Your halo slipping down to choke you now

Self-righteous people are particularly susceptible to this error and as they say, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:58 pm

MojaveMike: Without a doubt incompetence is a big part of the problem, but like cactuspete says: Some people are up to some dirty tricks. Most of the time it is possible for the incompetent to become competent, but people who play dirty tricks on others should be held accountable. What should happen to them depends on the severity of what was done, but people who intentionally hurt others should pay a price.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby dzrtdwg » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:42 am

Without a doubt they're hiding something. If they can't be transparent and open with the public, then things are even worse than anyone imagined at the school! Rampant nepotism is bad, but everyone already knew about that. Whatever it is they can't hide it forever!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby blackturtle.us » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:44 am

DISTRICT HEALTH REPORT
Consultants were hired to interview a number of staff members and as a result the following report was generated:
http://www.tronanews.us/images/PICS/ACBREPORT.pdf
The report portrays a district which is in trouble. It states that the district "faces many challenges," but that there is hope. This is an interesting choice of words to say the least. The report also contains many factual errors. I will highlight only one although I'm sure some of the errors will be obvious to anyone who reads the report and who is familiar with the current state of the district. Regarding the teachers union it is stated that "for the first time there are members from both the elementary and the high school on the executive board." This is completely erroneous. As recently as 2016 the president of the union was on the high school staff and in the meantime there was only one year where there were no high school teachers on the executive board. If we go back further in time there were many times where the majority of the executive board were from the high school. How competent consultants can make an assertion so completely out of touch with reality calls into question their entire report.
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:22 am

blackturtle.us: I was in an online chat (actually riding shotgun with a friend who was logged on) over the weekend. This document was discussed and openly ridiculed by people currently working at the school. The consensus was that the superintendent is an incompetent fool and that his nickname Mumbles The Clown is far too kind and generous of a way of referring to that sorry excuse for a used sheet of toilet paper. There was also disapproval expressed for some of the most outspoken people on the staff (especially the one referred to as the teacher-who-hugs-too-much elsewhere on this message board), but I won't go into details, except I will say that the report severely understates the degree to which the school district is in a state of total dysfunctionality.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:16 am

panamint_patty: On Fakebook there has been a lot said about one board member in particular who has harassed a number of people on the teaching staff. Some of this has been discussed elsewhere on Trona News, but he's a big part of what is wrong with the school. There's also an issue with nepotism which can't be denied. Friends and family get preferential treatment both in terms of getting a job in the first place and then once they have a job their mistakes tend to be overlooked while others are harassed over tiny issues.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:46 am

Parents demand answers on Google Drive ‘dossier’ containing their private info
At just after 2:50 in this video the concerned parent says, "We need our superintendent and other board members to step up and hold this person accountable." The exact same thing can be said about the board member twister referred to, but the superintendent himself and at least one other board member are also weak links contributing to the general dysfunctionality of the district. The situation has been discussed at some length in various threads, but it's time that something be done to remedy the situation and get the district out of the downward spiral it has been stuck in ever since this new superintendent arrived on the scene.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to Local News