TJUSD - Educational Disaster Zone

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD - Educational Disaster Zone

Postby twister » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:58 am

Coyote: I did a search for a few of the teachers and some of them don't even show up on the CTC website. The school doesn't even list some of them as being on staff. What the heck! I did find Nicole Yeager (K-12 coordinator) and she doesn't even have a full credential! It's just a preliminary credential. How is she qualified to be the K-12 coordinator? That's just plain scraping the bottom of barrel as far as I'm concerned!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby Coyote » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:19 am

Twister: You must have correct spelling of their name. I found them all. True, K-12 coordinator only has preliminary. Job required a clear credential. TTA was assured this is just a paper issue with state. Code for favoritism at work here. Added tidbit, Williams Settlement Act audited the school last week checking curriculum but were the auditors told about uncredentialed teachers in 3 classrooms.
Coyote
Greenhorn

Postby Coyote » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:41 am

News Flash: The illustrious superintendent leader of the educational disaster of TJUSD had a job review this summer. I heard he was given an exemplary grade. How can this be? His staff voted “no confidence” with an overwhelming majority in May of 2022. Yet, the board members all say he is doing a great job a month or two later. Hmmm?

I am sure this means a raise, too. Favoritism reigns in TJUSD: friends with the right people means you don’t have to do your job.

While teachers are currently working without a contract and no raise or COLA in two years. I heard this may be true for the para educators as well. COLA: cost of living allocation

When will those in charge, do something about improving the lives of the students and those that directly serve the students?
Coyote
Greenhorn

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:26 pm

Coyote wrote:News Flash: The illustrious superintendent leader of the educational disaster of TJUSD had a job review this summer. I heard he was given an exemplary grade. How can this be? His staff voted “no confidence” with an overwhelming majority in May of 2022. Yet, the board members all say he is doing a great job a month or two later. Hmmm?

As I recall both the school board and the superintendent got votes of no confidence and so it seems that they are in it together. I don't know why the county doesn't come in and clean house. It's obvious that both the superintendent and the school board are the problem and so why not solve the real problem rather than ignoring it and hoping that a bad situation doesn't get worse. The school doesn't exist for the enrichment of the superintendent, school board, and their friends. It's supposed to exist for the benefit of students and it seems obvious that the superintendent and school board are obstacles at this time preventing TJUSD from doing good things for students.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby torn80 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:29 am

wildrose wrote: What Is 'Quiet Quitting'? Inside The Viral Trend Sparking Controversy
Unqualified and uninspiring leaders are a problem. Not treating teachers with the respect they deserve as professionals is another. Asking them to do mundane tasks which sabotage their ability to use time effectively is yet another. Everything I've heard about TJUSD is that the leaders have created an atmosphere where no one cares anymore. When you make the most unqualified and most disliked person on the staff the K-12 coordinator, you can't expect good results. It sends a message that hard work and intelligence do not matter to the organization. When board members do favors for friends and family time and time again, others feel like their efforts don't matter. When the superintendent can barely utter a coherent sentence and teachers joke about the presentation he made at the beginning of the school year, there's no doubt that there's a problem and the problem is not with the workers, but with the leaders of the organization. Teachers are by nature dedicated people, but when they are continuously faced with organizational dysfunctionality, the result is pretty predictable and that's why TJUSD is an educational disaster zone and it's also why so many highly qualified teachers left over the summer!

This is most unfortunate. It just goes to show that good leaders support a staff and allow them to do their thing, while bad leaders just get in the way and create an environment "where no one cares anymore." As a result good people leave and unqualified people take their places. It's a recipe for failure.
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby tronagirl » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:28 am

A couple friends have told me that kids in their family who attend the elementary school have had some odd experiences so far this school year. It sounds like some of the teachers barely know what they're doing and might not be experienced with the age group they're responsible for. Chasing off four highly qualified teachers and replacing them with individuals who don't know what they're doing is not working out so well. People say they've never seen the school so disorganized and mismanaged.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:07 am

Teachers weigh in on America's education crisis
The lady says, "Happy teachers make happy students and happy students are ready to learn." TJUSD chased away four of the most qualified and effective teachers on the staff and replaced them with inexperienced and ineffective wannabe teachers. They even put one of the dumbest of the dunces in a leadership position. It's like the school board and stupidintendent want to fail!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:31 pm

A bunch of people I talked to this weekend are planning to let their kids stay home tomorrow (Tuesday, September 6th). The forecast says it's going to hit 116 degrees and the coolers at the school barely work. The lazy ass maintenance crew does a lousy job keeping the coolers working properly. It's torture for the kids to sit in those hot rooms and they barely learn anything anyways since half the teachers are clueless about what they're doing! What's the point of forcing the kids to put up with conditions like that?
:smack:
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Coyote » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:05 pm

Certainly don’t blame parents for keeping students home due to hot classrooms. Yes this is a heat wave but those cooler rooms are typically high 80s to 90 each year about this time. Past and current board members and past and current admin are the ones who say ac doesn’t work in Trona (exception being the Admin offices). Year after year, no relief for students or staff with all that extra plant money. Then earthquake money and more recently, all the Covid money they bragged about getting but still no ac for majority of students. I was told this could be a Williams Act violation as well. Poor decision making.
Coyote
Greenhorn

Postby shotgunmary » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:48 am

I'm not sure how kids are supposed to learn in a classroom that is 85 degrees. It's not like Trona suddenly turned into a desert last week! It's always been hot in Trona and so AC should have been installed decades ago! I know people who have solar panels on their roofs and the panels generate enough electricity to run the AC and during the part of the year when it's not hot they get paid for the electricity they generate. Unlike a home where people use a lot of electricity when the sun is down, schools are closed at night and so it makes perfect sense to have AC and solar panels.
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

PreviousNext

Return to Local News