Best Psychoactive Plants for the Garden

Share info or tips or ask questions about Desert Gardening here. Suggest plants which do well in harsh desert conditions!

Re: Best Psychoactive Plants for the Garden

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:22 am

tronagirl: New York sure does have a long list of regulated plants. I always thought that California was the most over-regulated state in the USA, but it looks like New York might be just as bad or even worse, at least in some ways.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:12 am

Psychoactive Plants & Fungi
This is a VERY INTERESTING list. I didn't count them, but there are about fifty plants on this list.
Plants listed in this section are those which have been used by humans for their mind- or emotion-altering properties. These plants range from the common to the extremely uncommon and include plants with a long history of use as well as those with little to no track record.

LINK: https://www.erowid.org/plants/
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:31 am

CactusHugger: That is a very interesting list. I looked over several entries and I found one from Mexico called Sinicuichi that looks particularly fascinating. Not only does it produce an attractive flower, but it was supposedly used by the Aztecs to induce hallucinations. I don't know if it was used recreationally or as part of religious ceremonies, but it does sound like the plant has an interesting history.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dilbert » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:11 pm

How Do I Use Datura Seeds? : Datura Seeds
This lady talks about how easy it is to grow datura so you can have enough to "give to all your friends until the end of time." Hopefully she doesn't get busted for distributing narcotics!
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:42 am

dilbert: No one's going to get busted for handing out datura seeds. Datura is a native plant that grows throughout this area. It's not a bad plant to have in your yard since it doesn't require excessive water and it produces attractive flowers.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby James Sel » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:10 am

CrustyOldFart wrote:dilbert: No one's going to get busted for handing out datura seeds. Datura is a native plant that grows throughout this area. It's not a bad plant to have in your yard since it doesn't require excessive water and it produces attractive flowers.

And one can fry their ass off with it
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:55 am

DATURA: This plant produces wonderful flowers and when planted along with agaves, cactus, and desert shrubs, it fits in quite nicely. I recommend its inclusion in any desert landscape plan.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: DATURA

Postby dilbert » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:51 am

I'm in favor of starting a new topic just for datura. I'd do it myself, but I doubt anyone would post to it and so why bother! LOL
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Re: DATURA

Postby ergot » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:24 am

dilbert: This thread is good enough. As much as I agree with others that datura is a fine and handsome plant, I really don't think a whole thread needs to allocated for its discussion. I'll try to find a video to post about it though or maybe someone else can do that. I seem to recall seeing a couple videos on YouTube about the plant.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:37 pm

Moonflower
I got tired of waiting for ergot to get around to posting on the topic of datura and oddly enough I came across this little gem and you'll never guess who posted it! :laugh:
It's a parody of an old song by a guy who now goes by the name Yusuf Islam.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Desert Gardening Tips