Bovine Flatulence Bomb

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Bovine Flatulence Bomb

Postby dilbert » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:56 am

Bovine Flatulence Bomb
It's more of a joke than anything, but in theory it could work!
User avatar
dilbert
Cantankerous Mule
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 pm
Location: hopelessly lost in a sea of red tape

Re: Bovine Flatulence Bomb

Postby dilbert » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:58 am

Exploding Cow Pat
And there's a lot of comedy potential in this topic....
User avatar
dilbert
Cantankerous Mule
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 pm
Location: hopelessly lost in a sea of red tape

Re: Bovine Flatulence Bomb

Postby dilbert » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:59 am

Mike Mann on the Arctic "Methane Bomb"
And there are even conspiracy theories....
User avatar
dilbert
Cantankerous Mule
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 pm
Location: hopelessly lost in a sea of red tape

Re: Bovine Flatulence Bomb

Postby dilbert » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:09 am

Bill Gates: Stop cow farts to help slow climate change
Two smart guys talking about cow farts and toilets....
User avatar
dilbert
Cantankerous Mule
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 pm
Location: hopelessly lost in a sea of red tape

Re: Bovine Flatulence Bomb

Postby dilbert » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:11 am

AOC's Climate Solution: Fix Cow Farts!
And stupid people talk about the topic too....
User avatar
dilbert
Cantankerous Mule
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 pm
Location: hopelessly lost in a sea of red tape

Re: Bovine Flatulence Bomb

Postby dilbert » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:19 am

Debunked: The Methane Monster
And people write long articles about cow farts, methane bombs, and flatulence too:
scientistswarning.org wrote:There is no question that there is a methane emergency underway. Global methane levels are soaring. Further, methane is a powerful greenhouse gas which represents a serious threat not to be underestimated. Methane and carbon dioxide levels are rising at their fastest rates since the time of the dinosaurs. Methane is a potent greenhouse gas.

Here's the basic scope of this article:
scientistswarning.org wrote:In this debunk, we will look at methane myths and begin to untangle fact from fiction in this highly debated area of study. In short, methane in permafrost and other shallow terrestrial areas, which represents less than 1% of the global methane budget, does not present us with the same challenges as the subsea methane stored in marine sediments deep in the ocean floor at depths greater than 500 meters and comprising the other 99% of the methane budget.

The worst case scenario which nutjobs worry about:
scientistswarning.org wrote:These theories claim that if these hydrate sources thaw abruptly all at once due to warming, unstoppable feedbacks would be set in motion, methane would be released in enormous quantities immediately raising temperatures, and what pseudoscience dubs near term human extinction would result. Some claim a 50 gigaton methane bomb could burst from the ocean floor all at once anytime now. They argue that this would not be survivable by humans and that we would perish in as little as a few short weeks time.

The conclusion seems to be that methane is a threat, BUT....

MORE THAN YOU WANT TO KNOW:
https://www.scientistswarning.org/2020/07/27/debunked-methane-monster/
User avatar
dilbert
Cantankerous Mule
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 pm
Location: hopelessly lost in a sea of red tape

Re: Bovine Flatulence Bomb

Postby BoraxBill » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:19 am

dilbert: Interesting topic and both entertaining and informative posts! I never heard of a bovine flatulence bomb before and now I've learned something.
:thumb2:
User avatar
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:22 am
Location: Lake Manly

Re: Bovine Flatulence Bomb

Postby wildrose » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:15 am

dilbert: Thanks for these amusing and informative posts. I agree with BoraxBill. Nice work!
User avatar
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: middle of nowhere


Return to General Environment and Nature

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests