Bundy-Related Posts

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

BLM Attempt to Seize 90,000 Acres Clear Title Fees Paid

Postby surfsteve » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:47 pm

BLM is now using the Tommy Henderson lawsuit ruling as a precedent to seize even more of his land along a 116-mile stretch of the river which the agency claims never belonged to Texas in the first place. Henderson holds a deed to the 90,000 acres
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1211766/blm-cl ... 4R2OZ4r.99

BLM Wants to Seize 90,000 Acres of Texas Ranchers' Land!

Byers, Texas along the Red River — The BLM stole 140 acres of the Tommy Henderson ranch thirty years ago. They took his land and paid him absolutely nothing. He sued and lost. Now the BLM is using that court case as precedent to do it again. The problem is, the land they want to seize is property that ranchers have a deed for and have paid taxes on for over a hundred years.

The BLM claims that about 90,000 acres (116 miles along the Red River) have never belonged to Texas in the first place. They will seize the land and it will seriously change the boundaries between the two states.

Since 1803 when the Louisiana Purchase was completed, there has been a controversy over the boundary between Oklahoma and Texas. The boundary is supposed to be the vegetation line on the south side of the Red River. But the River has moved over time. The problem is the definition of that boundary line- Oklahoma and Texas each use different semantics to define it. And the BLM is finding ways to use the disputed words to give them the ability to seize the land.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: BLM Attempt to Seize 90,000 Acres Clear Title Fees Paid

Postby surfsteve » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Good thing there's no way for the BLM to move it's boundaries over to include the town of Trona... Is there?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Ranchers story how BLM got his land (Wayne Hays)

Postby surfsteve » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:46 pm

I'm going to have to watch the video again. Was that Wayne Hays SR or
JR in the video? Must have been JR. According to the article below the SR died a few years ago in 2008 or 2006 maybe. I just remember reading that the court case was settled and they were awarded 14 million dollars but the date was after they had died. It went to the estate but I don't think the kids were able to collect it and the decision was eventually reversed. Not really reversed otherwise the Hays would be paying 14 million to the BLM, but you know what I mean. Seems like the world needs another Edward Snowden. One inside BLM.
http://americanstewards.us/hage-v-us
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Ranchers story how BLM got his land (Wayne Hays)

Postby surfsteve » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:37 pm

I just googled and found the entire video if anyone is interested. I haven't watched these.

part 1 http://vimeo.com/8520897

part 2 http://vimeo.com/9776367
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Proposed FDA provisions will Bundy organic farming.

Postby surfsteve » Sat May 17, 2014 8:21 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Bundy-Related Posts

Postby admin » Sun May 18, 2014 9:47 am

All posts not submitted to the main Bundy thread will be moved here, due, mostly, to lack of interest. Rather than three separate threads that probably won't get much traction, it would be better to have a single thread for anything to do with the Bundy situation, but that doesn't quite fit into the main thread on that topic. Thanks in advance for your understanding!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bundy-Related Posts

Postby CactusHugger » Sun May 18, 2014 11:27 am

al bundy - psycho dad
You said anything Bundy-related!!! :thumb:
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Sun May 18, 2014 5:47 pm

James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Proposed FDA provisions will Bundy organic farming.

Postby surfsteve » Mon May 19, 2014 7:30 am

surfsteve wrote:http://survivalbackpack.us/fda-ban-organic-farming/

Actually this thread is in no way related to the bundys or their situation. It shouldn't be bundyed in here.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Mon May 19, 2014 7:33 am

Hmmm... Ted Bundy, Al Bundy, and now Cliven Bundy. It all makes perfect sense now. Why didn't I see the connections before? It's like a puzzle solved! Nice!!!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to General Environment and Nature