Rattlesnakes

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Rattlesnakes

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:07 am

Alarming Number Of Rattlesnakes Found In Yorba Linda Park :eek2:
If they're having this kind of trouble down in Orange County, then it might be the case that there will be plenty of rattlers around out here in the desert too. You never know, but an abundance of caution should be exercised when it comes to rattlesnakes!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Rattlesnakes

Postby tronagirl » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:44 am

How to Repel Rattlesnakes :cactus:
Snakes have been seen in and around houses here in the Trona and Ridgecrest area. It's not something to take lightly, especially if you have kids.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:11 am

What I've heard over the last couple years is that most of the poisonous snakes seen around town are sidewinders. I've only heard of about a few getting into people's yards. Mostly it's if you go out into the desert that you see them.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CactusHugger » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:06 pm

Woman, 84, bitten by rattlesnake in backyard 5 pm :eek2:
At the end of this news report some interesting stats are shown. Although 7000-8000 people are bitten by venomous vipers each year in the USA, only an average of five die each year.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:49 am

Rattlesnake on popular path bites 4-year-old Folsom boy
It was a baby rattlesnake and although the little boy's foot got pretty swollen, he's alright now.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:54 am

Best Snake Repellent Reviews | Natural Ways to Control and Repel Snakes
This is interesting. :smart:
Cinnamon and clove essential oils are the best natural solutions. These oils that are safe for humans and animals. They received the top reviews of any product that I tested. It is fairly easy to make a homemade recipe of essential oils. However, I recently found a product that already contains cinnamon, clove and cedar oil. These ingredients form the best snake deterrent that money can buy. It is a very inexpensive way to keep them away.

tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:33 am

How to deal with reptilephobia?
Obviously this is an analogy, but on the literal level it's ostensibly about rattlesnakes and lots of fun!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:18 am

reptilephobia: Although I don't actually agree with the point RamZPaul made through use of his extended analogy, I do appreciate his wit and skill as a story-teller. It's great to hear people with opinions that I don't agree with expressing themselves in such a creative manner. It's disappointing when people I agree with decide to attack people like RamZPaul. It makes the rest of look like utter morons.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BallaratBob » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:39 am

Here's the best line from the ramzpaul rattlesnake story:
"One of the bible verses that means the most to me is god loves all creatures great and small no matter where they are. I think that's in psalms or 1st illusions maybe. I don't know, but I love that verse."
:laugh:
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby ergot » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:28 am

BallaratBob: Yes, FIRST ILLUSIONS is definitely a book in the Bible! I'd even go so far as to say that a title like that pretty much sums up the entire Bible pretty accurately. I wonder how many viewers caught that little joke that was so stealthily embedded in the snake story.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to General Environment and Nature