China Lake

Share information or ask questions about the history of Searles Valley and nearby locations.

China Lake

Postby deathvalleyjake » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:50 am

Naval Air Weapons Station (NAWS) China Lake
It's surprising that no one has posted info about the navy base. It takes up such a huge amount of the area and blocks access to lots of interesting sites. Many interesting historical sites locked away within the confines of this enormous military base.
Naval Air Weapons Station (NAWS) China Lake is part of Navy Region Southwest under Commander, Navy Installations Command and is located in the Western Mojave Desert region of California, approximately 150 miles (240 km) north of Los Angeles. Occupying three counties – Kern, San Bernardino and Inyo – the installation’s closest neighbors are the cities of Ridgecrest, Inyokern, Trona and Darwin. The main gate of the installation is located at the intersection of Inyokern Road (Highway 178) and China Lake Blvd. in the city of Ridgecrest.

LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Air_Weapons_Station_China_Lake
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Re: China Lake

Postby deathvalleyjake » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:56 am

Weather Modification & The China Lake Connection
The base even gets mentioned in various conspiracy theory websites. Something about a SECRET CITY here...
The term “Secret City” comes from a 1993 2-hour video of the same name made by the China Lake Museum Foundation that is a history of the Navy at China Lake that was made in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the base and the unique community that sprang up in the middle of nowhere. Unlike AREA 51, which in spite of its extremely secret nature is a well-known installation frequently featured on television programs and in UFO circles, those in the know rarely mention China Lake outside of official circles and it receives very little undue publicity on a national level.

LINK: http://www.thetruthdenied.com/news/2014/12/01/weather-mod-china-lake-connection-part-1-the-secret-city/
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby deathvalleyjake » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:02 am

Underground Bases, Missing Children, Extra-Terrestrials
This one is even weirder. I didn't really mean to go off into conspiracy theories in this thread, but apparently as it turns out, the base is the subject of a few. What I really wanted to focus on was the history of the base and the historical sites located within its boundaries. Hopefully I'll have time to get more into that, but for now...
One male survivor of the MI6/CIA mind control project Monarch described in ’The illuminati formula’ by Fritz Springmeir, the china lake naval base at Ridgecrest in the California desert. This anonymous man says batches of children numbering one, two and three thousand were kept in cages piled up to the ceiling of large hangers. He says these cages are called ’woodpecker grids’. These are electrified and the children were tortured with electric shocks. Children are today still being transported to china lake naval base by train, car and air. One of the main delivery routes for children into China Lake is by plane from the Santa Rosa airstrip near Bohemian grove. The Santa Rosa airstrip is supposed to be closed, yet planes take off from there every night and do not put there lights on until they are hundreds of feet in the air.

LINK: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_underground25.htm
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrfish » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:49 am

deathvalleyjake: I've noticed that conspiracy theorists like to talk about going down the rabbit hole and I suppose this is intended as a reference to Alice in Wonderland where proportion and logic are irrelevant, but I'm of the opinion that the only holes conspiracy theorists go down... well, you get the idea... Hahahahaha
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:39 am

deathvalleyjake: I like your intended focus for this thread. There are a lot of interesting sites locked away on military bases throughout the west and China Lake is one of the more interesting of the bunch. Most people know about Coso, but there are plenty of other smaller sites of historic interest located all around the base on either side of Searles Valley. It would be great if the navy offered more access to those sites, but I doubt that there is much hope of that!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:19 am

It's probably not wise to publicly confess this sort of thing, but it was a few years ago and so it probably doesn't really make any difference. While exploring around the Argus Dunes some friends and I hiked a little ways into base territory. We didn't see much and we were probably only a quarter mile on the wrong side of the border line, but it was kind of a fun adventure in a way for some odd reason just the same.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:41 am

tronagirl: Anyone who has climbed Argus Peak has been further into base territory than you went. Most people who climb the peak leave their name in a register on the peak and so it's fair to say that breaching the boundary from this side of the Argus Range ain't no hanging matter. Which isn't to say that I recommend advertising the fact that you've crossed that line. As for myself, I haven't climbed the peak since back in the 1980s, but I've talked to several people who have climbed the peak in recent years. It may not be what you'd call a popular destination, but the peak does get climbed on a regular basis.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby desertrat » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:37 am

Crusty: Although I don't believe in making public confessions, I may be among those who have made it to the top of the mountain of one hundred eyes. I'm not sure exactly how the peak got its name, but I assume that it's an allusion to Greek mythology. Maybe all the boulders looked like eyes to whoever named the peak.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dilbert » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:07 am

FUN FACT: In the Harry Potter book and film series, Argus Filch is the name of the excessively-vigilant caretaker at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft. Considering his intricate knowledge of the many secret passages and his obsession with watching students for signs of rule-breaking, his name is likely a reference to Argus Panoptes.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby BoraxBill » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:41 am

Fighter pilots love to fly 'Star Wars Canyon'
I'm sure everyone who posts here is very aware of the Father Crowley Overlook. The parking lot there is usually full of tourists gawking at the jets flying down Rainbow Canyon. CNN didn't mention Father Crowley or the parking lot, but they did mention Rainbow Canyon, Edwards Air Force Base, and China Lake.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Next

Return to Local History