Obesity Epidemic (Fattest States)

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Obesity Epidemic (Fattest States)

Postby dilbert » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:19 am

Controversial 'Beach Body' ad arrives in NY :roll2:
What's the big deal? It's like you're required to put unattractive people in your advertisements nowadays. It's like fat people are militant about their right to be fat. Wait... isn't that what they call denial?
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby desertrat » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:29 am

dilbert wrote:Controversial 'Beach Body' ad arrives in NY :roll2:
What's the big deal? It's like you're required to put unattractive people in your advertisements nowadays. It's like fat people are militant about their right to be fat. Wait... isn't that what they call denial?

I'd much rather see an attractive woman displayed on a billboard than a fat unsightly lady any day. There's nothing wrong with encouraging people to improve their physical fitness level and people who don't like positive messages like that are free to ignore them. All this talk about fat-shaming and fat-acceptance is produced by people who feel the need to defend themselves because they see themselves as failures. If they redirected their energies into self-improvement they could actually better themselves.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:03 am

Tipping the scale: Obese Americans outnumber merely overweight
This is a heavy topic! Basically one-third of Americans are overweight, one-third are obese, and one-third are healthy.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:43 am

What to Know About Probiotics
They're supposed to have a number of health benefits, but one of the claims most often made about them is that they help people lose weight.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:23 am

Raising awareness about childhood obesity
It's not all that surprising that Kern County is the fattest county in the state of California. There's just something about Bakersfield that seems like it belongs in another state (one of the states ranking high on the Most Obese States list).
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby recluse » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Dear Fat People :laugh:
This is pretty funny. It's been called the most offensive video on the internet, but it's full of lots of truth and it's incredibly funny! Not PC enough for you? Too freaking bad!!!
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:39 am

recluse: That wasn't the least bit offensive as far as I'm concerned. People who find that comedy routine offensive really need to get in touch with reality. She touched upon a lot of unpleasant truths, but she did so with humor. I'd call that an educational video which used humor to help keep people watching. That woman deserves praise for making such a funny video and people who are complaining have issues, plain and simple.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:22 am

Dear Fat People: I noticed that TYT did a video on this video and that they completely disapprove of this kind of humor. I'm not sure what their problem is, but I agree with ShadyLady. This is funny and it makes a lot of good points. I'm just not seeing how anyone could be offended by it. I can see how politically correct people might object, but the opinions of politically correct people are without significance and best disregarded as the products of inferior minds.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:34 am

Other people have made this observation and it bears repeating: Intelligent people have a good sense of humor and are unlikely to become outraged over this type of humor. The ability to appreciate all kinds of humor is a hallmark of an intelligent mind. Although some of the jokes included in the Dear Fat People clip aren't necessarily the freshest jokes ever told, they are told within the context of an enjoyable comedy presentation. I give the lady comedian a B+ for her presentation, but she's not quite ready for prime time just the same.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Fat Jokes

Postby BoraxBill » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:12 am

I've always considered jokes that make fun of other people because they are fat or ugly to be cheap shots and don't admire people who think they're witty for telling those kind of jokes. I'm not saying that I'm offended, but jokes at the expense of others don't require a lot of comedic talent to tell.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment