Music That Sucks!

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Music That Sucks!

Postby mrgreen » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Why Country Music Was Awful in 2013 :bubble:
This video pretty much demonstrates why almost all popular music sucks. It's not just popular country music either, although country music is particularly prone to sucking. In order to get to the top of the charts a song basically has to be devoid of any real meaning. Sure, it might provoke shallow emotionality, but it's utterly superficial and avoids any topics of significance. Also it should be noted that songs that make it to the top of the charts may not actually be the most popular music either, there might be a little manipulation and alteration of the actual stats going on behind the scenes.
Go watch a few lectures by Ralph Murphy - he literally explains to you in detail how this shit is researched and formulated. It's not just country either, but everything on the radio. In fact, 3/4 of what you hear on the radio is strategically chosen and positioned largely by the advertisers who fund the stations. This stuff is about capitalizing on superficial social badges, not music that personally resonates with people. Usually, when someone says "I love that track at number #1", what they really mean is "I love how I feel culturally involved and popular to say I love that track at number #1" which is precisely what it's designed to achieve. Anything on the billboard charts is formulated, redigested advertising, which means it's riddled with mediocrity and simplistic, reused stratagems. It bowls me over that so many people don't find it insulting to their intelligence no matter how unbelievably shit it seems to get.

mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Music That Sucks!

Postby shadylady » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:37 am

Even back in the 1970s country music songs usually only dealt with an extremely limited number of topics. I always felt that someone had to be more or less braindead to be a country music fan although I admit that every once in awhile I hear a country song that I like at least a little bit. Of course, country music fans are probably slightly less braindead than rap fans. Rap artists seem to be even more limited in the number of topics they deal with. It's as if fans of country music and rap music suffer from some severe cognitive deficiency. Even worse than country and rap is the combination of the two. Some of those songs are so horrible that it's hard not to laugh at them!
:smack:
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CoolChick » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:29 am

Songs about trucks are pretty stupid unless they're meant to be funny. The problem with most country music is that it's witless. There are a few exceptions, but one of the hallmarks of country music is that the songs are usually dead serious and about dumb topics. Of course, when they try to be funny, the humor is usually pretty pathetic. That's not to say that there aren't some good country songs, but for the most part country music is plain pathetic!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:14 am

I love the part is where they feed the guy's voice who can barely sing through the autotune!

You guys should hear what I sound like without spell check!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Hank Williams III - Dick In Dixie
Here's a funny country song about why country music sucks. :smokin:
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby camel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:35 pm

This beat is killing country music
Pop music sucks and country is turning into cheap pop music. Is that dumb or what?
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby pdm » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Behind the Music that Sucks: Eminem
Over-rated and annoying. Worthless and retarded.
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby drdesert » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:46 am

Has Our Culture Hit a Dead End?
New music has been almost completely uninspired drivel for years. The same goes for movies and other popular culture productions. As the average IQ declines, so does the quality of the art that is produced.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:48 am

New music has been so unispired that it's not even worth a yawn. There is only so much over-production can do to rescue an incredibly poorly written song. The pathetic lack of talent displayed by contemporary music artists most likely does reflect the decline in average IQ and this is true in all music styles, but particularly when it comes to country and hip hop or rap.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Return to Recreation and Entertainment