Fan Fiction

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Fan Fiction

Postby CactusHugger » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Some Jerks (Probably The NFL) Got A Hilarious Romance Novel Parody Removed From Amazon Over IP
This looks like a really good book. Too bad the copyright fascists decided to ruin the fun for everyone else!
I'm a big fan of fan fiction for several reasons. I think it's awesome how a community can be so devoted to a particular something as to want to author their own creations around that something. I think it's cool when the original creators manage to use fan fiction as a mode to interact with their fans. Perhaps most of all, I love how fan fiction allows creative people to get silly on the subject of their work with parody and humor. For these reasons and more, I was particularly pleased when Amazon announced that they wanted to allow sales of this kind of work.

LINK:
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150109/10055229653/some-jerks-probably-nfl-got-hilarious-romance-novel-parody-removed-amazon-over-ip.shtml
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Fan Fiction

Postby CoolChick » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:07 pm

PEWDIEPIE FANFICTION CONTEST :pac:
I'm not sure if there's a big prize other than that his crew will turn the winning fanfictions into an animated video.
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CoolChick » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:13 am

BTW, there's a link in the description under the PewDiePie video that takes you to a form where you actually submit your story. You have to be over eighteen and your story can't be more than 500 words long. You're allowed to submit up to five stories, but the only info about identy you provide is an email address and so if you have more than one email address you could if you really wanted to submit quite a few stories. I'm going to submit a couple stories. Wish me luck!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby BallaratBob » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:29 am

CoolChick: I don't think 500 words allows for much of a story. Heck, it might take twenty minutes at most to type something up and submit it. I'm going to do it just to see what kind of feedback you get and then I'm going to watch the resulting video... more out of curiosity than anything else.
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shadylady » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:20 am

A Gronking To Remember Lawsuit Gets Strange While Amazon Argues Liability Would Chill Speech And Art :wtf:
Complete with a 25-page legal brief, this article touches on both the topics of fan fiction and self-publishing. Liability should always be placed on the LOGICALLY responsible party, not the party that can most conveniently be harassed by the idiots in charge!
Not only is it operating under the theory that everything is infringing first until it's proven not to be, but it's asking the wrong party to be responsible for the wrong things. Nobody, for instance, is asking brick and mortar bookstores to police bookcovers.

LINK:
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150623/05101131430/gronking-to-remember-lawsuit-gets-strange-while-amazon-argues-liability-would-chill-speech-art.shtml
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Return to Recreation and Entertainment