Making Money on YouTube

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: DUCT TAPE CHALLENGE

Postby recluse » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 am

Duct Tape Challenge: Shit happens. It's that simple. Sometimes you do dangerous stuff and don't get hurt and sometimes you do stuff that's extremely safe and wind up with a bad injury. Life is like that. Kids ride skateboards, perform stunts on trampolines, ride motorbikes, and all sorts of legitimately unsafe things and many never get a scratch. Other times you do something as mundane as the duct tape challenge and wind up with life-threatening injuries. Like I said, SHIT HAPPENS! Get over it!
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Re: DUCT TAPE CHALLENGE

Postby dilbert » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:26 am

Duct Tape Challenge: There's a lot of crazy stuff on YouTube and the duct tape challenge is pretty mild compared to a lot of the crazy things people do to get other people to watch their videos. It's sad what happened, but that was completely just a freak accident. It's just really bad luck and not really a safety issue at all. Like recluse says, sometimes shit happens.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Re: Making Money on YouTube

Postby tronagirl » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:36 am

I'm amazed that YouTube works at all. It's so glutted with stupid videos that were just uploaded without any thought whatsoever. Just because a few people can make money from posting videos that are only halfway planned out, doesn't mean that everybody can. There are girls putting up makeup videos and boys with their stupid video game tutorials. All of them are horrid, but they all seem to think that their half-assed videos are worth watching. It's like they think that posting a video is like buying a lottery ticket or something.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ergot » Sun May 08, 2016 6:54 am

YouTube CEO: We're reaching more viewers than TV
YouTube reaches more 18-49 year olds than TV. That's a huge slice of the advertising dollar pie. Although the game actually changed about ten years ago, the majority of the population is starting to finally catch up to reality.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Sun May 08, 2016 3:15 pm

ergot wrote:YouTube CEO: We're reaching more viewers than TV
YouTube reaches more 18-49 year olds than TV. That's a huge slice of the advertising dollar pie. Although the game actually changed about ten years ago, the majority of the population is starting to finally catch up to reality.

I was going to watch that video but the commercial was lengthy ans wouldn't let me skip it. That's the reality
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby ergot » Wed May 11, 2016 7:38 am

James Sel: Everytime I've tried viewing a video embedded on another site there has been no commercials. I'm pretty sure that commercials are disabled on embedded videos. I think it has something to do with not being able to control other content and not wishing to present an ad in a potentially hostile environment or one that might reflect poorly on the product. Of course, that's on a desktop computer. Different rules might apply if you're viewing on a mobile device.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Mon May 30, 2016 3:12 pm

Family Fun Pack
This channel has 5,228,812,467 views. That's over FIVE BILLION views! Applying the usual formula, that would be $5,228,812 in earnings. Here's their most recent video:

At this time they're the 37th most viewed channel on YouTube: http://socialblade.com/youtube/top/100/mostviewed
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:34 am

Jacob Sartorius - All of me [John Legend cover] :roll2:
This is pretty cringeworthy, but there's an interesting story here. First of all, this video has over TWO MILLION views with 32k thumbs up and 57k thumbs down. So, it's definitely one of the most hated videos on YouTube. But this Jacob Sartorius kid got famous, despite his horrendous singing voice, through a combination of musical.ly, vine, and other social media. Here's the scoop:
http://yhstars.com/viral/jacob-sartorius-wikipedia-bio/
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby dilbert » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:44 am

EVERY CHANNEL Losing Subscribers - Don't Panic, This Is Normal! (June 28, 2016)
Reportedly PewDiePie lost 600k subscribers in one day due to this inactive account purge. Most channels lost a much smaller number of subs, proportionally according to the size of the channel.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby CactusHugger » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:47 pm

I'M LOSING SUBS!!!!
Pwediepie talks about the YouTube tragedy which caused him to lose over 600,000 subscribers! OMG!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment