Halloween Costumes

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Halloween Costumes

Postby shadylady » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Is Your Halloween Costume Racist? :roll2:
Okay, maybe it would be a bad idea to dress up as a KKK member, but other than EXTREMELY and OBVIOUSLY offensive costumes, people need to just chill out and enjoy the creativity!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

MojaveMike wrote:
halcyon wrote:I found the part where Ellen gave her phone number to a five-year-old girl and told her to call her maybe objectionable. Considering that Ellen is a well-known lesbian it seems like she's robbing the cradle on this one and on national TV no less! Very inappropriate! She should know better! It's not a funny joke coming from someone like her!
:nono:

Hold on there! It was a harmless joke and I think you're freaking out a little just because you have a problem with Ellen's sexuality. If it were a "straight" female host who had made that comment you wouldn't be complaining! So, leave Ellen alone and let a harmless joke be nothing more than a harmless joke!

Imagine that Anderson Cooper had made this joke with a five-year-old boy as the target. People would go ballistic. I agree that there are a lot of unreasonable people in the world and that they need to have their heads examined, but the reality is that some people get all bent out of shape over the stupidest little things and they see evil intent and "inappropriate" behavior where there is none. Anderson and Ellen should both be able to make this joke without people taking it the wrong way, but the world is full of mentally deficient people and so you've got to expect a certain degree of dysfunctional over-reaction from our cognitively impaired friends and neighbors! I'm fortunate in that most people I know would just see the humor in a joke like this and not take it the wrong way, but I know there are plenty of stupid people who would take it the wrong way!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Halloween 2012: An $8 Billion Holiday :eek2:
I spent less that $30. How much did you spend?
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby imscary » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:16 pm

imscary
Greenhorn

Postby CoolChick » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Anyone doing anything exciting for Halloween this year? It might be fun to dress up as dancing poop just to be different!
:poop:
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby James Sel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:42 pm

CoolChick wrote:Anyone doing anything exciting for Halloween this year? It might be fun to dress up as dancing poop just to be different!

@ Saline Valley spr always has a nice "little gathering and potluck". there are a few making plans to go in the SP together.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CoolChick » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:31 am

Grandma Ana Discusses Halloween
I think Ana is wrong. I think some girls dress up in a risque manner to get attention, but I don't think there's a lot of pressure for girls to dress up that way. I've been a bunny, a witch, Snow White, a zombie, and a few other things and no one had a problem with it. Maybe she hangs out with the wrong crowd!
:shrug:
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrgreen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Halloween Display Of Baby Doll Torture Chamber Ignites Brooklyn Neighborhood
The old video is still on Daily Motion. Not sure why it got taken off YouTube.

Scary Halloween Decorations Spark Neighborhood Terror, Even 911 Call
Keep up the good work?!! :thumb:
deleted vid: Ce5ycD8y3J4
Last edited by mrgreen on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cowboybob » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:51 am

Dead bodies are not really Halloween decorations. That seems a little off the topic the way I see things. Stick to actual decorations. There is nothing festive or even witty about putting a fake dead body in your front yard. It really has nothing to do with Halloween!
cowboybob
Greenhorn

Postby James Sel » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:02 pm

mrgreen wrote:Scary Halloween Decorations Spark Neighborhood Terror, Even 911 Call
Keep up the good work?!! :thumb:

Hey that's a great idea :tumble:
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment