CANCEL CULTURE KILLING COMEDY

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Satire or Poor Taste?

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:27 am

recluse: That one will definitely make many people uncomfortable, but that's part of the fun. You know that it's a little too hot and spicy for many people and that's just so much the better. Bringing the kid in at the end was priceless!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:54 am

recluse: My attitude is screw anyone who is such a whinner that they can't laugh at something like that. People need to stop being so damned politically correct all the time and just enjoy a joke for what it's worth! Life is too short to tolerate uptight assholes!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dzrtdwg » Mon May 08, 2017 4:15 pm

Stephen Colbert under fire over lewd joke about Trump
It was a crude, stupid joke. Colbert was pretty funny at one time, but now he's letting his hatred for Trump get the best of him. It's cool to be edgy, but Colbert seems to have a compulsion to viciously attack Trump.
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby dzrtdwg » Mon May 08, 2017 4:17 pm

FCC investigating Colbert joke
Colbert crossed the line. He should not be fired, but a $250,000 fine might be in order.
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby panamint_patty » Mon May 08, 2017 4:40 pm

Stephen Colbert Defends Trump Jokes That Sparked ‘Fire Colbert’ Backlash | TODAY
Some people seem to want to deny that Colbert's joke was homophobic. The joke was an insult based on a homosexual sex act. I don't see how that can't be considered to be homophobic.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Tue May 09, 2017 6:12 am

What astounds me is the number of commenters on the Colbert joke videos who claim to be homosexual and who insist that the joke was not homophobic. Seems like they're attempting to give Colbert a pass on a joke they'd condemn if a conservative had told it. Hypocrisy!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu May 11, 2017 6:19 am

Liberals are never guilty of insults because they are always correct and thus the end justifies means. Conservatives because they are never correct can not use the ends justify the means card.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Comedians continue to apologize for going way over the line
Comedians are always pushing the limits and sometimes they step on some toes in the process. I'd rather see comedians go too far than be afraid to try to be funny. Some jokes score and some jokes fall flat. It's just the way the world of comedy works!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:21 am

I think a comedian can be funnier than hell and be respectful and classy at the same time.. Then again those comics have talent and class.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby recluse » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:17 pm

Sparky of SoCal wrote:I think a comedian can be funnier than hell and be respectful and classy at the same time.. Then again those comics have talent and class.

Name for me a comedian who has been popular in the last 20 years and I'll find video of him or her telling a joke that someone will find offensive or disrespectful.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment