Board Information

Information pertaining specifically to tronanews.com. Board policy, user information, etc. posted here.

Re: Board Information

Postby admin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:21 am

Please use normal font unless there is a REALLY GOOD REASON for using larger font. Also use thumbnails instead of Img for large photos. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Postby James Sel » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:17 pm

OK will do
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby jarhead » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:29 am

Is there anyway to post videos from places other than youtube here? I've seen videos on Facebook, Hulu, CNN, prison plantet, and Netflicts that I'd like to share with people here.
jarhead
Greenhorn

Postby whiskeypete » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:23 am

jarhead: You could just post a link to the video and not worry about embedding it. I'm sure if enough people start posting enough videos from a particular website that the people running this message board will figure out a way to embed from that site if it's possible to embed from that site. Not every website even allows their videos to be embedded elsewhere.
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby mrfish » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:41 am

whiskeypete: Your advice is good and it's now 2016 and I've not seen any links to other sites that I can recall anyways and so a way to embed from those other sites seems to be completely unnecessary. BTW, jarhead, I'm pretty sure it's Netflix and not the way you spelled it, but I could be wrong.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby dilbert » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:36 am

Embedding from websites other than YouTube is completely unnecessary. If YouTube doesn't have it, then it probably isn't worth watching. I've only come across a few exceptions to that rule, but they are few and far between and none stands out above the others. So, I'd just stick with YouTube when it comes to embedding. That's my unsolicited recommendation anyways!
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:17 am

dilbert: Couldn't have said it better myself. There are other sites with videos, but when it comes to videos that you can embed YouTube stands out as the leader without any other site being close. It might be reasonable to assert that Facebook stands out from other sites, but it's still way, way back in second place. I'm not sure how easy it is to embed Facebook videos. Vimeo, SnapChat, and Twitter might also appear on a list of top video sites, but you take Facebook and those together and they aren't even a tenth of YouTube.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:45 am

I think you can paste a link to an image that looks like an icon to the video you want to embed into where it says “URL text” when you hoover over the link icon in the editing window. Then put the link to the actual video in where it says “http://url"

I used to do that a long time ago on another forum and it worked. It should work here also if you want to go through the trouble. The hardest part is finding an image to use as an icon. You can use a screen shot but to make it perfect you would have to edit it and put an image to a button in the middle of it and then upload that to photo bucket or somewhere in order to use it as your icon.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:31 pm

Please place material quoted from other sources within a quote box to make it clear that you are quoting an outside source. Also please keep quotes down under 120 words if possible. No one is going to be anal about that, but posting long passages written by someone else is pushing fair use provisions of copyright law. Thanks.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:24 am

Adding to what cactuspete said, please include an attribution or source of the quotation. A link to another site will suffice just so those of us who want to learn more have an easy way to check out where the quote came from. If the quote was typed by hand from an offline source, then the name of the author and the title of the book or article would be helpful. Thanks!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Board Information