The Confederate Flag Debate

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: The Confederate Flag Debate

Postby drdesert » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:07 am

Shop owner can't remove Confederate flag
This is an interesting situation. The shop owner would like the flag standing right next to his shop to be removed, but he doesn't own the land. However, it's adversely affecting his business. Meanwhile, poorly informed townspeople apparently blame him for the existence of the flag and refuse to visit his shop.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby sandman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:53 am

Confederate Monuments Removed: What happened to them?
Political correctness wiping out the past!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby dzrtdwg » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 am

The Truth About Slavery Netflix & Amazon Don’t Want You To Know
Infowar videos always contain a weird mixture of fact and fiction. Some of what this guy says is accurate and a lot of it is bullshit. Give your BS detector a workout and do your best to detect the BS and sort that out from the facts.
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Napolitano: Do we really want to erase history?
After the first minute of flubbering around, this guy actually makes a bunch of really good points.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby drdesert » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Trump: Are Washington, Jefferson statues next?
Trump nails it on this one. He shows amazing leadership to say what people don't want to hear, but what they absolutely need to hear.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby twister » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:15 pm

I'm proud of the way Trump spoke the truth at this news conference. He didn't do the politically correct thing and pretend that all the blame went on one side. If there had not been a violent counter-protest there would have been no violent reaction. The ALT-LEFT should be blamed for creating a volatile situation. Without them there would have been no deaths in Charlottesville. I'll go a step further and say that if the Robert E. Lee memorial were not targeted for demolition, none of this would have happened.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:07 am

twister wrote:I'm proud of the way Trump spoke the truth at this news conference. He didn't do the politically correct thing and pretend that all the blame went on one side. If there had not been a violent counter-protest there would have been no violent reaction. The ALT-LEFT should be blamed for creating a volatile situation. Without them there would have been no deaths in Charlottesville. I'll go a step further and say that if the Robert E. Lee memorial were not targeted for demolition, none of this would have happened.

Everything you said there seems correct to me. So I wonder why Mr. Trump is getting so much heat?
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:32 am

Napolitano makes a great point, but I'd go a step further and I'd compare the tearing down of Confederate statues to the way ISIS has torn down statues and desecrated historical landmarks in the Middle East. It's the same extremist mentality and deserves to be condemned in the strongest way possible.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:36 am

It would make perfect sense to declare Black Lives Matter (BLM) a terrorist organization. The Alt-Right has behaved in a very civil manner. In fact, it was the counter-protesters who violently disrupted the protest last weekend. The young man who murdered counter-protesters was not a member of the Alt-Right, he was some kind of random extremists with some issues of some kind who just happened to show up at the protest for some reason. A random guy who commits a random act of violence is not a terrorist, he's just a mentally ill individual. However, an organization that systematically plots to harm others (such as BLM) is a terrorist group and should be openly recognized as such.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:57 am

Duke removes Robert E. Lee statue overnight
Those who destroy and remove historic statues are no different than those who burn books.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News