The ALT-RIGHT

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: The ALT-RIGHT

Postby ergot » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:32 pm

MILO Begins Construction On The Wall :wtf:
I'm a bit confused. I thought that people on the alt-right were homophobes. BUT this guy is gay and he's as alt-right as it gets. He's even been a welcomed guest on the Alex Jones show.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Trump: Does the alt-left have any guilt for Charlottesville?
The president makes several good point here, but the members of the press seem to all be social justice warrior types who only see one side of a situation.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby mrfish » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:56 pm

Is The Alt-Right Finished?
I wouldn't be so quick to write off the alt-right, but the woman in this video makes some good points regarding Trump's tendencies. I could see the power and influence of the alt-right growing, but the people in this video could be right that it has peaked. Their biggest mistake, IMHO, is seeing Bannon as a bigger part of the alt-right than is actually the case.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Inside violent anarchist group Antifa
This proves that Trump was right when he said that both sides should share the blame. Looks like CNN is more or less admitting that he was right.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:44 am

What I heard is that this Antifa (anti-free speech) group and/or the Alt-Left selectively targets easily triggered individuals in an attempt to set them off at rallies. They identify someone that fits their profile for someone who is easily trigger and then they systematically pick at that person. A whole team works on one individual and if this is what happened then it certainly worked in Charlottesville.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Petition seeks to name 'antifa' terrorist group
That's one petition I'd sign in a heartbeat! ANTI-FA (aka, the alt-left or ANTI-First-Amendment) should be identified as a terrorist group and our law enforcement agencies should make them a top priority.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrfish » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:10 pm

New Nazi-Killing Game Triggers Alt-Right :roll2:
I'm not sure anyone is actually upset or if it's just the Young Turks gang pretending that there are complaints, but apparently a new version of this video game classic has been released...
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:47 am

Bad Religion - "The Kids Are Alt-Right"
It has a nice beat and you can dance to it... sorta... :banana:
When you thought you were making a song to bash the Alt Right but end up making a recruitment video, That's Amore...

CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:03 pm

I must be living in a bubble. I do not know, work with or ever come across anybody that even comes close to living that kind of right wing deal. I have only seen it at on tv at a very few protest. I’m sure it does exist somewhere but how big is the organizations. I know what CNN, NBC and on the other side say. What percentage of the US population live like that? 1%, 2%?
Last edited by Sparky of SoCal on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:25 am

It's basically a straw man argument.
A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

Detesting something that does not exist apparently wins a lot of points with liberals.

As for the title of the song, it's a play on words and an allusion to two other songs, one of which was an allusion to a previous song. The Who published a song called "The Kids Are Alright" in 1965 and The Offspring published a song called "The Kids Aren't Alright" in 1998.
Allusion is a figure of speech, in which one refers covertly or indirectly to an object or circumstance from an external context. It is left to the audience to make the connection; where the connection is directly and explicitly stated (as opposed to indirectly implied) by the author, it is instead usually termed a reference. In the arts, a literary allusion puts the alluded text in a new context under which it assumes new meanings and denotations. It is not possible to predetermine the nature of all the new meanings and inter-textual patterns that an allusion will generate. Literary allusion is closely related to parody and pastiche, which are also "text-linking" literary devices.
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues