Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby CoolChick » Mon May 29, 2017 7:46 am

Man pulls plug on bounce house, deflating it with kids inside
The lady says that all the guy had to do was knock on the door and ask, but anyone who has dealt with an inconsiderate neighbor knows that that isn't true. She would have rudely told him to go away and probably verbally abused him. Further, the guy did attempt to get the attention of the DJ, but was obviously ignored. Loud music is used as a form of torture in certain incarceration situations and so the man ought to hire a lawyer and reframe this situation into a self-defense scenario where he was attacked by the people playing loud music and was only trying to defend himself from the assault. He should then file a lawsuit and be completely reimbursed for all legal costs plus a couple hundred thousand for pain and suffering. This would be an excellent way to bring about needed reforms in the legal system to protect people from sonic assaults of all kinds.
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dilbert » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:13 am

For those who want to do something about a neighbor's dog that barks too much, the dark web has an answer. Just search for D4C (Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap) on your Tor browser. You probably won't find much info on the regular web and you definitely wouldn't want to order it that way. For a few bit coin the product is guaranteed to eliminate a noisy dog and if you follow the directions it will be almost impossible to prove who did it. Not saying I endorse the product, just that others feel your pain and have done something about it.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby mrfish » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:23 am

Neighbors turn to 13 Action News to investigate home near Durango and El Capitan
Is there a squatter in your neighborhood?
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:44 am

NOISY NEIGHBOR PAYBACK PRANK
Inconsiderate neighbors are annoying and if you live in an apartment complex you are trapped. Don't get mad, get even!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:33 am

Homeowners receive hate mail for flying American flag
This is a rather odd story that's a little hard to believe. I could see someone being annoyed by excessive flag waving and that sort of thing, but I am very doubtful that anyone would actually send the letters that are alleged to have been sent here. I'm writing this off as some kind of publicity stunt at some level.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:49 am

Man captured digging for neighbor's documents
He wasn't actually "captured." Someone took video of him going through papers in the trash and the woman who took the video speculates about what he was up to. No indication if he was up to no good or a detective or what. I've never actually seen anyone do anything like this in my neighborhood, but as a precaution I always destroy financial documents and that sort of thing just to be on the safe side.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CactusHugger » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:16 pm

Ridgecrest woman reportedly shot and killed by neighbor
Seems like Ridgecrest has been getting some pretty bad press lately. Not sure what's going on in Ridgecrest, but it's not looking good!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CoolChick » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Dealing With Annoying Neighbors :thumb2:
This is an excellent idea, but it only works in certain situations. Video game players would be especially pissed off if this happened to them!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby hand » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:57 pm

I don't think either of these would actually work, but they are intriguing ideas!
1) Silence Noisy Neighbors by Transmitting Your Music to Their Speakers
If you have a neighbor that's playing their music too loudly, you can get them back by hijacking their speakers with a little DIY project.

LINK: https://lifehacker.com/5852903/silence-noisy-neighbors-by-transmitting-signals-through-their-own-speakers
2) Is there an invention that can disable a neighbor's loud speakers?
Try a continuous 10Hz tone from a Tone generator and a 10 KHz it is more than enough to blow their speakers up for good.

LINK: https://www.quora.com/Is-there-an-invention-that-can-disable-a-neighbors-loud-speakers
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby panamint_patty » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:12 am

A friend of mine has an interesting opinion about what makes good and bad neighbors. She says the best neighbors are conscientious and intelligent, while the worst neighbors are socially assertive, but not conscientious or intelligent. She also said that small towns tend to attract people who are very socially assertive, but low in intelligence and conscientiousness. The problem there is that you have a lot of people who just do whatever they want without thinking much about the effect their behavior has on others. I think she might be more than half right!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News