Redrawing Boundary Lines

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Redrawing Boundary Lines

Postby desertrat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:53 am

California Counties Redrawn
According to this map Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties would be split into several counties. Trona and Ridgecrest would become part of Inyo. A huge county called Mojave would be formed from the eastern half of San Bernardino and a county of Antelope would be created which would include Lancaster/Palmdale. It makes a lot of sense and although this is an old proposal, it's a good one!
LINK:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1NYyL0bXKVFA8vFW7QQEIgKUyLf8&hl=en&gl=us&ptab=2&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&z=8&ll=36.351632775591995%2C-117.6772457421875
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Redrawing Boundary Lines

Postby desertrat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:57 am

What would actually happen if voters decide to split California into 3 states?
Reorganizing the state is one thing, but dividing the state up into separate states is a totally different concept! This configuration is particularly asinine! In fact, seventy percent of voters don't like the proposal and so it's very unlikely to pass.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby deathvalleyjake » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:29 am

desertrat: I like the idea of redrawing county lines, but dividing California into three states as proposed in the video you shared makes no sense at all. There may be ways of dividing the state that would make sense, but that plan was simply stupid. However, the idea presented in the first post that would put Ridgecrest and Trona in Inyo County is pure genius to my way of thinking. That's the kind of idea we should have a chance to vote on, not some half-witted plan to divide the state.
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 am

Seems like a good way for San Bernardino to get rid of Trona and save on resources. Be careful what you wish for...
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:20 am

surfsteve wrote:Seems like a good way for San Bernardino to get rid of Trona and save on resources. Be careful what you wish for...

I'm pretty sure San Bernardino gets more out of Trona than it gives back. Inyo would be much more responsive to the needs of Trona. The same goes for Kern County and Ridgecrest. Also if Ridgecrest and Trona were in the same county it would be easier for the two towns to cooperate and share resources. But the reality is that Kern won't let Ridgecrest go and San Bernardino won't let Trona go because both take much more than they give back. Basically Kern and San Bernardino leach off the remote desert towns.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:10 am

Probably should have thought about the plants in Trona and the military base in Ridgecrest before I said that!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dzrtdwg » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:39 am

surfsteve wrote:Probably should have thought about the plants in Trona and the military base in Ridgecrest before I said that!

Lots of money siphoned by SB County out of Trona from the plant and the same for Kern County and Ridgecrest from the base. Small desert towns always get taken advantage of. If the money from the base and the plant were used locally and Ridgecrest and Trona were in the same county things would be a lot better.
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby whiskeypete » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:40 am

The idea of changing the boundaries of Inyo County to include Ridgecrest and Trona makes a lot of sense. The idea of splitting California into separate states is just plain ole ridiculous. Think of all the real estate, retirement, marriage, birth, etc. records that would have to be moved around. I suppose the same problem exists for changing county boundaries except if it was just Inyo County expanding to include Trona and Ridgecrest the hassle would be well-worth the advantages gained.
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shadylady » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:49 am

There is nobody I know who likes being part of San Bernardino County. Inyo might not be a lot better, but there is no way that it could be as dysfunctional as San Bernardino County. So, I'm in favor of adjusting the county line so that Trona is in Inyo all the way!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:27 am

I am with you guys. I would love to see Trona in the same county as Ridgecrest. It would save me countless hours of driving and I have no doubts that we would get better services from county officials and save them countless hours of driving as well.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to Local News