Hate Speech?

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Hate Speech?

Postby ergot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:39 pm

Criminalizing Jokes
Be careful what you say. What used to be just a joke is now a threat or hate speech or who knows what. When interpretation becomes more important than intention, then we have entered dangerous territory where there is no longer anything that can be reasonably construed to be free speech.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby deathvalleyjake » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:18 am

Tucker: Those who control your words control your mind
A felon is now to be called a "Justice Involved Individual" and a juvenile delinquent is now to be called a "Young Person Impacted By The Juvenile Justice System" as if it is the system that committed the crime and not an individual person.
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby desertrat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:49 am

Sarcasm 101 - SNL
Considering the politically correct direction SNL has taken in recent years, this is surprising!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Ellen Responds to George W. Bush Criticism
I wasn't sure where to put this one, but I wanted to put it somewhere and I didn't want to start a new thread that wouldn't go anywhere. Many people consider Bush a war criminal responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians. Would you be polite and even friendly to him if you were seated next to him at a public event? I know many people don't like The Young Turks, but I think that this is a particularly good discussion about an important topic.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:41 am

I like Ellen's response a whole lot better than the woman behind the desk. If we followed the woman behind the desk way of thinking we will never advance as a nation or a society. I am not an Ellen fan, don't like many of her ideas but I liked her response and respect her for it. I don't respect the folks that shamed her for her opinion. Then again I don't like people who try and shame me for my opinions.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:13 am

A timeline of the Ellen controversy
Well, Sparky of SoCal, at least the woman behind the desk was honest. Ellen just puts on a nice face for the public while mistreating the people who work for her. I can't stand the woman behind the desk or Ellen, but find Ellen's dishonesty abhorrent while the Young Turk gal is merely annoying.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildbill » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:56 am

HATE SPEECH? What I hate are long speeches!
:mad2:
wildbill
Fleabitten Varmint

Previous

Return to News and Issues