TJUSD Board Meeting - September 10, 2020

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

TJUSD Board Meeting - September 10, 2020

Postby blackturtle.us » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:47 pm

Four board members and superintendent present on video. One board member not wearing mask. HIGHLIGHTS:
AGENDA: https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/302837/Sept_10th_2020_Agenda_1_of_3.pdf
1) Moment of silence for Sheila Haughton - retired teacher who passed away this last week.
2) Superintendent's Report - General comments.
3) Maintenance Report - Updates on construction projects. Plans for new high school being developed. The plan at this time is to build it to the west of the round buildings. Showed electrostatic sprayer to board members (not shown in video). Explained how it helps disinfect surfaces around campus. Stated that masks and other supplies received and air filters have been purchased.
4) Principal's Report - Waiver for in person hybrid learning turned in today. Also talked about online pep rally which took place last week. Outdoor dance planned for September 25th. Adoption of history text series postponed due to lack of availability.
5) Business Clerk - Discussion about job description. Board members think that it is too vague.
6) 2020-2021 Coaches, Class Advisors, etc. - Several positions approved.
7) TEXTBOOKS and INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS and TEACHER CREDENTIALS - All certified to be in compliance.
8) Dual Enrollment Sports Agreement - approved.
9) Financial Stuff - Bid policy, unaudited actuals discussed.
10) Discussion of changes in school funding rules due to the COVID situation. The LCAP system was replaced (probably temporarily) and another system with another acronym was substituted for it.
NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING: October 08, 2020
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - September 10, 2020

Postby wildrose » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Teachers dying of COVID-19 before the start of school raises alarm
I watched the board meeting live and I saw that the male board member seated in the middle of the group was not wearing a mask. What a completely irresponsible idiot! People are dying and this irresponsible oaf is too stupid to wear a mask. Pathetic!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:24 am

Like I said last month: That guy is one hell of a piece of work! In fact, he's a total disaster and I might as well just repost what I wrote last month:
tronagirl wrote:That guy is one hell of a piece of work! Some friends and I got together this evening and we had a long discussion. Part of the time we talked about this guy and his family and their issues and there are a lot of them. Quite awhile back I heard about a big meeting at the school. It was supposed to be a meeting of just union members, but there were eavesdroppers and so a lot of people heard about what went on at the meeting. Apparently the board member who wasn't wearing a mask has a daughter who many people say is a bit of a wack job to put it bluntly and many say that the older son isn't much better. According to the stories I've heard (and they seem quite credible, but technically are just rumors) the daughter falsely accused a teacher of improper touching, there were also issues with accusing teachers of making mistakes on grading and treating the son and daughter unfairly, and on top of that the son was allegedly caught with drugs at school and assaulted a school employee in order to prevent the evidence from being confiscated. Somehow that incident got turned around and there was supposed to be a lawsuit against the school employee for assaulting the son even though the son was a big strong football player and the school employee was a middle-aged woman. So, obviously not wearing a mask is a pretty trivial issue compared to the other issues that this prominent member of the community has and for more on that you might check out some of the recent comments made in the NEIGHBORS thread which might help explain why many people say that the daughter is a wack job. Of course, this is all just speculation, but 2+2=4 as they say and so I'll leave that one alone....

But getting back to the eavesdroppers. The school has an intercom system as does most schools and certain people apparently have a nasty little habit of invading the privacy of other employees in order to capture little tidbits of information they can gossip about. As it turns out the board member we are discussing has a brother who works at the school and he has a group of shall we say "flying monkeys" who are his close confidants. Apparently they shared what they heard with him and since then endless retaliation has been the outcome. It's been a lot of little things, but a lot of friction has developed at the school as a result.

If you're unfamiliar with the term "flying monkeys" you should check out this link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_monkeys_(popular_psychology)

tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby camel » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:07 pm

Rising concerns of coronavirus pandemic merging with flu season
Stupid people do stupid things. Avoid being around other people at all costs and when you must go out wear a mask. It's beyond amazing that a board member is shown in that video not wearing a mask while indoors and in the presence of other people. Such incredible stupidity! And obviously the guy is too damn stupid to have even the foggiest notion of just how incredibly stupid he actually is!
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrfish » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:19 am

As long as we're reposting posts from last month, I might as well repost this one which I made especially since it pertains to the retard not wearing a mask:
mrfish wrote:
shotgunmary wrote:Lots of activity on Facebook today. This topic has drawn a lot of interest. Several posts said that almost all the issues involve two people at the school. One is the school board member who has received a lot of attention in this thread and the other is his brother who is the head janitor. People say that they are both bullies who like to intimidate people and set up fights or disputes between people. Most of the posts involved the school board member, but both got mentioned fairly frequently. Someone at the school needs to sort things out a bit is what it sounds like.

There's an obvious problem when two members of the same family are part of the group leading an organization. Nepotism anyone? And it's even worse when nepotism is combined with incompetence!
defcon wrote:HEAD JANITOR? Does that mean he mainly cleans toilets? :poop:

Nice! :laugh:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby hand » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:47 pm

Reading through some of the postings in this and other threads I'm a little confused and some of this is so bizarre that it would make a good comedy production like South Park or something. With characters such as the head janitor, micropenis boy, and a "prominent" community member who has sex with his daughter, all the ingredients are there. Perfect redneck town with tons of issues which are most likely the result of generations of inbreeding. How is all of this possible in real life? Inquiring minds want to know.
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shadylady » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:18 pm

hand: I think you're referring to the following two posts.
twister wrote:A lot of people involved in this situation were named on Facebook. Lots of details given out too. The claim was made that the father of the girl encouraged other girls to make false accusations against teachers at the school. One Facebook poster even claimed to have been one of the girls the father was attempting to recruit! There was a lot of other weirdness going on at the school too. There was a lawsuit that was mentioned and there was something about an affair between two school employees which was pretty juicy. Another really strange thing was something about some kids skipping a grade at the elementary school. It wasn't just one kid, but a group of them. It had something to do with them not liking the restroom policy of the teacher teaching the grade they were skipping. One of the kids was said to have some kind of birth defect which resulted in deformed genitalia and somehow that impinged on his ability to hold his urine. Yet another story had something to do with a transgender student. Lots of details on that one! It sounds like the school is basically a disaster zone both physically and as far as the relationships between people who work there and kids who attend the school. Basically just one big freak show! They say you can't make stuff like this up and so there's a good chance most of it is true.

And this one:
cloud wrote:Pallister-Hall Syndrome
One of the birth defects which results in deformed genitalia is Pallister-Hall Syndrome. Here are some of the symptoms:
1) Micropenis - abnormally small penis
2) Hypothyroidism
3) Extra toes and/or fingers
4) Sometimes brain abnormalities
Obviously an abnormally small penis might create a need for more frequent restroom trips and I could see how parents might be hypersensitive about that one. Usually extra toes or fingers are only partially formed and easily removed soon after birth and so it might not be obvious that someone has this syndrome and of course people don't usually parade around in the nude and so the micropenis would be easily hidden. Other symptoms are much less obvious, but the point is that a kid could easily have been born with this birth defect, but few people would know about it and understandably the family might go to great lengths to hide the problem. I'd imagine that most teachers would accommodate any kind of medical issue, but some parents are hypersensitive and might over-react to even reasonable restroom policies.

And then there was this:
ziggy wrote:Yes, a small penis would be easy to hide!!!!

Ziggy thought this was funny. I can see why, but it's not nice to laugh at other people's problems.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:16 am

shadylady: Someone copied your entire post onto Facebook. There were a bunch of comments and some commenters couldn't resist joking. Here's one:
Some call it a micropenis, others call it a family tradition.

Another was:
What's the point of making a big deal over a tiny issue?

Other comments were of a more serious nature, but there's always a couple jokers in every crowd.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:26 am

hand: Names get thrown around on Fakebook and a lot of the gossip gets pretty extreme. I'd say it's more like a war where people are just outright insulting each other and making crazy insults. People dig up things from the past and sometimes they make threats. You can't see most of this unless you're invited into a private group, but some of the groups have grown pretty large and there's lots of information transferred from one private group to another since some people are members of multiple private groups. What you see here is just the tip of the ice berg!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby recluse » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:53 pm

To every one of the FUCKING IDIOTS out there who think this is a joke....
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Next

Return to Local News