Gas Prices

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Gas Prices

Postby surfsteve » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:30 am

blackturtle.us wrote:JUNE 02, 2013
No gas in town! All pumps at the Valero (formerly the T-Stop) were off. Reportedly there was a leak in one of the lines, which was discovered over a week ago.
Gas at SIX DOLLARS per gallon at Panamint Spring this week!

Leak in one of the lines? Isn't that the same thing that happened to the other gas station? I wonder if they were installed by the same contractor. Could it be from the ground settling? That's what I'd be hoping if I were the contractor. It's going to suck not having any gas again. Anybody have any ideas when the Exxon will reopen their gas? Somebody should just buy an old tanker truck or something to sell it from and just travel around to closed up gas stations. They could have an almost permanent business here in Trona.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:25 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:12 am

Summer Bummer: Gas Prices About to Spike
Looks like a little bad news. Hopefully it won't last too long or hurt the economy too much.
:down:
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby wildrose » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:20 am

It's probably worth mentioning that Trona now has TWO GAS STATIONS!!! :talk:
The Trona Shell (which is located in Argus) is operational and the last several times I've been to the Valero (T-Stop) they've actually had gas on all pumps! Now if we could get a few more reliable stores and services available in town things might be starting to turn around for this little town... or maybe not...
:conf2:
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:43 am

I'd even be happy to see some sort of public transportation out of town to grocery stores in Ridgecrest. In the long run once the over priced stores here in town got wind of something like that it would probably encourage them to be more competitive. Is there any possibility of forming some sort of co-op? That's about all I can think of.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Free Falling Gas Prices
Cheap gas? Haven't seen that for awhile!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:38 am

Is it cheap gas or cheaper gas? In a way that $2.00 a gallon would be cheap gas.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:49 am

In a way we should all thank Russia for the low gas prices. I can't provide documentation for this, but I've been told that our government talked Saudi Arabia into flooding the market with gas in order to drive down prices. The main reason for this was to damage the Russian economy. Between the sanctions and lower gas prices Russia stands to have a difficult time. Gas is their main export and with a reduction in gas revenue they will suffer. The dark side of all this is that Saudi Arabia violates human rights in egregious ways all the time. For instance, they behead people on a routine basis, but we look the other way since they play well with our leaders.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:27 am

cactuspete: If what you say is true, then our government could lower the price of gas at any time just by manipulating the supply. Which means that we've been paying way too much for way too long and that it was totally unnecessary! What a bunch of crooks we have running this country!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:08 pm

Gas Prices Nearly at a 4-Year Low and Expected to Go Lower
I think cactuspete must be on to something. There's got to be more to this than meets the eye. Gas prices just don't fall like this without a reason. Big oil companies want to make money and this is costing them a lot. Afterall, they could easily control the supply to keep the price up if that was what they wanted to do.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to Local News