Post-Election Analysis

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Post-Election Analysis

Postby cactuspete » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:14 am

Third-party voters get blamed for Clinton's loss :pac:
The headline should be that people who didn't vote for Clinton get credit for her not being elected. If we could have had the same headline about Trump, then we'd have someone elected who is qualified to serve as president!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:19 am

It's the voting machines and who is in charge of them, the ones that count and total even our paper ballots; that determine who is going to be president. Between Hillary being the most corrupt politician ever to seek office and her threat of a no fly zone in Russia; which would have started WWIII, she could not have been allowed to win. From the massive crowds that attended Trump rallies compared to the handful that Clinton had, to the endless sea of lawn signs for him; it's clear there was virtually no support for Hillary. Had Bernie Sanders run against Trump there would have been a lot more support for him. Especially if he'd had the Clinton machine behind him. Whoever said "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws", never took nuclear Armageddon into consideration nor the depths of corruption that the Clintons were willing to sink to.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:36 pm

surfsteve wrote:It's the voting machines and who is in charge of them, the ones that count and total even our paper ballots; that determine who is going to be president. Between Hillary being the most corrupt politician ever to seek office and her threat of a no fly zone in Russia; which would have started WWIII, she could not have been allowed to win. From the massive crowds that attended Trump rallies compared to the handful that Clinton had, to the endless sea of lawn signs for him; it's clear there was virtually no support for Hillary. Had Bernie Sanders run against Trump there would have been a lot more support for him. Especially if he'd had the Clinton machine behind him. Whoever said "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws", never took nuclear Armageddon into consideration nor the depths of corruption that the Clintons were willing to sink to.

Virtually no support for Hillary? She got more total votes than Trump, didn't she? She obviously had a lot of support. It was just concentrated mostly in a handful of states. The states she won, she won big. Trump just squeezed by in the key states that mattered the most. He won, but the popular vote was essentially a tie. If it weren't for the electoral college, she would have won with a popular majority. So don't tell me she had no support! True confession: I voted for Trump. But I'm honest enough to realize that the electoral college made it look like he won by more than was actually the case.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby dilbert » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:50 pm

Professor Who Predicted Trump Victory Predicts Trump's Impeachment
If this prediction turns out to be true, then Trump might not reside in the White House for very long.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:52 pm

CactusHugger wrote:
surfsteve wrote:It's the voting machines and who is in charge of them, the ones that count and total even our paper ballots; that determine who is going to be president. Between Hillary being the most corrupt politician ever to seek office and her threat of a no fly zone in Russia; which would have started WWIII, she could not have been allowed to win. From the massive crowds that attended Trump rallies compared to the handful that Clinton had, to the endless sea of lawn signs for him; it's clear there was virtually no support for Hillary. Had Bernie Sanders run against Trump there would have been a lot more support for him. Especially if he'd had the Clinton machine behind him. Whoever said "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws", never took nuclear Armageddon into consideration nor the depths of corruption that the Clintons were willing to sink to.

Virtually no support for Hillary? She got more total votes than Trump, didn't she? She obviously had a lot of support. It was just concentrated mostly in a handful of states. The states she won, she won big. Trump just squeezed by in the key states that mattered the most. He won, but the popular vote was essentially a tie. If it weren't for the electoral college, she would have won with a popular majority. So don't tell me she had no support! True confession: I voted for Trump. But I'm honest enough to realize that the electoral college made it look like he won by more than was actually the case.

Other than a number on a screen that has obviously been rigged, and some phony poles by the media that is owned by a handful of Clinton donors; what evidence is there that people actually voted for her? No doubt someone did but not nearly the majority of people that have been reported to do so. She is as crooked as they come and probably has control of the voting machines. The only reason she didn't win was probably because she or whoever is behind her, made some kind of deal to get out of the real punishment that is deserved in exchange for throwing the fraudulently rigged election. Virtually all of us on this forum live in California and to date not one single person has even admitted to even supporting her; let alone voting for her. If it's that bad here in her best and most supported state; can you imagine how bad it must be in the rest of the country? My guess is that somewhere between 2/3rds and 80 percent of the votes she got must have been rigged.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dilbert » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:11 pm

surfsteve: Would you say that Trona (a working class town) and Ridgecrest (a military town) are typical of California in general? I have several friends who live in coastal cities who voted for Clinton and who are openly critical of anyone who would vote for Trump. Have you noticed the news stories about the anti-Trump protests which have occurred over the last few days where hundreds of people have been arrested? Portland, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, New York City, etc. These are all places where Clinton won sixty percent of the vote.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:41 pm

dilbert wrote:Professor Who Predicted Trump Victory Predicts Trump's Impeachment
If this prediction turns out to be true, then Trump might not reside in the White House for very long.

He lost his credibility with me when he gave this November 3rd interview pretty much negating everything he originally predicted. You don't have the right to brag about it when you make a prediction then go back and say "Oh there's a good chance I may be wrong because of... and then come back and boast about your earlier prediction. Also. I'm very suspicious when a news caster comes on and mispronounces someone's name as Lick'men. Maybe it's some kind of inside joke!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:57 pm

dilbert wrote:surfsteve: Would you say that Trona (a working class town) and Ridgecrest (a military town) are typical of California in general? I have several friends who live in coastal cities who voted for Clinton and who are openly critical of anyone who would vote for Trump. Have you noticed the news stories about the anti-Trump protests which have occurred over the last few days where hundreds of people have been arrested? Portland, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, New York City, etc. These are all places where Clinton won sixty percent of the vote.

You may have a point there though I'm not sure why living in one of those cities would make you want to vote for a criminal nor that Trona is a working class town. Very few people that live here work at the plant. Almost everyone comes from out of town. Even if you're on welfare scamming the system; at some point it must occur to you that if you eliminate the working class there will be no one left to pay for your meal ticket, not to mention that you will have a lot more unemployed in line to share it with. What goes through these people's minds? Even the military, who stand to gain the most from her war with Russia aren't buying it.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:41 am

Anarchy in the streets
Lots of people are not happy that Clinton lost and some have resorted to violence to express their dissatisfaction. I'm with O'Reilly on this one. Anyone involved in this type of activity should be arrested, put on trial, and locked away for a few years. This type of behavior is intolerable.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:55 am

My Post-Election Thoughts
Here's a perspective on the election from a famous author of books for young adults. He says from his point of view it's unfathomable how anyone could support Trump. Most people I know feel that same way about both Clinton and Trump. Third-party candidates won a record number of votes in this election and to me that's a good sign that gives me hope.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues